Consultation for mental health professionals
I offer short-term consultation services for professionals who have particular concerns about a client. You can use these services to learn about particular clinical problems or presentations. These consultation services typically focus on how professionals can work with clients with pornography and other relationship problems. I have been working with clients with pornography problems for the better part of a decade. This has meant that I have built up a considerable body of experience which I'm happy to share. In addition to this website, you can find out more about how I work from my pornography-specific website, Beyond Porn Addiction.
Why do I need consultation?
Consultation is a short-term professional relationship you form with another professional. The goals of consultation can vary, but commonly it can be about:
- having a sounding board for complex or difficult cases,
- gaining knowledge for dealing with an unusual client presentation,
- getting help outside your area of expertise,
- accessing extra resources for dealing with clients,
- reviewing the clinical work you are doing,
- working tour way through ethical issues,
- connecting you to other professionals,
- debriefing difficult sessions, and,
- whatever topic helps you develop as a professional.
As I tailor these services to you, prices are negotiable.
If you would like to explores this with me, contact me on 0400 469 449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll then be able to give you an outline of my services; if you are interested further, we can arrange to meet and further talk about what you are looking for and how I might help.
I offer face-to-face consultation in my offices in Richmond and Sunbury, by Zoom encrypted video link or by phone.